1. Each qualifier must disclose his or her legal name, address, telephone number and Social Security number to WWDM. Upon disclosure of the above information, the person will be officially eligible to be declared a winner despite any such inference on the air. Any person found to have supplied false or misleading information may be disqualified from the contest and would therefore forfeit the prize. All entrants to any WWDM contest both imply and agree to participate in the contests and obey the rules by their participation in the contest.
2. Telephone Contests: No liability is assumed by WWDM for faulty, mistranscribed, misdirected/misdialed telephone communication or technical difficulties experienced by callers throughout the call-in portion of the contest. Calls for contestants are taken in order of receipt. In the event that more than one voice is heard on the phone line, the contestant/qualifier or winner will be the first person to speak. If the judge(s) is not able to determine which caller was first, a random drawing will be held to determine the winner. The use of switching or programming equipment by telephone company employees is in violation of contest rules and is not permitted. Telephone contests with “cues to call” are only official when heard on-air via radio. Contestants from any household may win a prize every 60 days.
Mail/Fax Contests: Only one entry per person will be accepted unless otherwise specified on the air or in separate contest rules. Winning entry(s) will be drawn at random from all valid entries received. WWWDM is not responsible for late, misdirected, lost or mutilated mail, entry forms or faxes. No liability is assumed by the station for any malfunction of computer equipment, fax machine equipment or fax machine telephone lines. If entry is illegible or does not supply all information deemed necessary to declare a winner, entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected.
Entry Form Contests: Contestants must complete a WWDM official entry form and deposit it in the provided entry box. Only one entry per person for each contest. Winning entry(s) will be drawn from all valid entries received. If entry is illegible or does not supply all the information deemed necessary to declare a winner, entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected.
Web Site Contests: To enter a contest on the WWDM web site at the big dm.com, contestants must complete all the information deemed necessary to declare a winner. No liability is assumed by the station for any malfunction of the internet or individual computer systems. Only one entry per person for each contest. Winning entry(s) will be randomly selected from all valid entries received. If entry is illegible or does not supply all information deemed necessary to declare a winner, entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected. When entering a contest via an advertiser’s web banner or logo hyperlink, WWDM is not responsible for prize fulfillment or any aspect of the contest. WWDM is simply a “link” to that advertiser’s site.
3. WWDM has the right to require a winner to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release and return it to WWDM within three (3) days of notification or WWDM can determine an alternate winner at random. All prizes (not date sensitive) must be claimed no later than fourteen days after winning. If prize has not been claimed by this date, winner forfeits the prize and WWDM reserves the right to select another winner.
4. Prizes are non-transferable and substitutions of cash or equivalent are not allowed other than a substitution by WWDM that may be necessary due to the unavailability of a prize. If concert or other ticketed event has been awarded as a prize and the concert or event is postponed, rained out, cancelled or for other reasons beyond our control does not occur, WWDM will not be responsible for replacing the prize.
5. No proxies (authorized agents or written authorizations) are accepted. The actual prize winner must claim prize. (see age note below in #6)
6. Contests are open to all legal residents of South Carolina within the radio broadcast area. WWDM reserves the right to set any age requirement for any contest, at any time. If winner is a minor, prize will be awarded to winner's parent or legal guardian.
7. Employees of WWDM, YMF Media South Carolina, LLC. and their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, production, promotion and fulfillment agencies, other broadcast companies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household are not eligible for any contest.
8. Each contestant agrees that WWDM can use his/her voice, name and likeness for promotional purposes without additional compensation. All participants agree to and are bound by official rules and WWDM reserves the right to establish additional rules at any time.
9. As a condition of winning, no contest winner may represent, or appear in an advertisement for any other radio station, other than WWDM for a period of one year from the date they win the contest. Winners also may not grant interviews about their participation in any WWDM contests or make public comments in any medium, including the Internet without prior written permission of WWDM. Additionally, no prize may be used in any way that would be disparaging to WWDM.
10. WWDMdoes not mail prizes, regardless of value
11. Contests are void where prohibited or restricted by law. All Federal, State, Local laws and regulations shall apply. For any standard WWDM contest, there may be only one (1) winner per family or household in any 60-day period. This 60-day period may be waived for specific, major station promotions.
12. WWDM reserves the right to disqualify any contestant and determine an alternate winner at random in the event that any of these contest rules are not met. Contestant must provide legal ID and Social Security number to claim prize (Minors: see Rule #6). All prizes valued over $599.00 are subject to applicable state and/or federal taxes and a 1099 tax form will be issued to the winner. Winner must sign a legal release form provided by WWDM to obtain prizes valued over $599.00
13. Should a winner die before claiming his/her prize, said prize will be awarded to winner's estate, subject to all other applicable laws.
14. No purchase or consideration is necessary to win.
15. Decisions by WWDM regarding winner and all contest details are final and binding in all respects.
16. WWDM and its sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in printing of the offer, administration of the sweepstakes or in the announcement prizes.
17. In accepting a WWDM prize, the winner accepts to take the prize as outlined in such promotion. Winner cannot change dates for concert, flight departure/arrival, weekend stays, etc. If winner is not able or chooses not to accept prize “as is”, winner forfeits his/her prize. WWDMreserves the right to select another winner. Winner is responsible for all costs associated with travel to any venue or event for which a prize was awarded, unless otherwise specified.
18. Winner agrees to accept all blackout dates, space availability requirements, etc. established by WWDM prize partner(s), such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, etc. Winner agrees that acceptance of any trip taken as a prize from WWDM does so entirely upon his or her own initiative, risk, and responsibility. If the trip requires traveling outside of the United States, the winner, upon winning the prize, must have a valid US passport. If the winner does not have a valid US passport upon winning the prize, the trip may be forfeited.
19. All winners, by acceptance of prize, agree to release WWDM, YMF Media South Carolina, LLC, its promotional partner(s), and clients, together with their respective parent companies and subsidiaries from any liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses of any kind to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt or use of prize or while traveling to or from any prize related activity.
20. For a copy of the official contest rules or a list of winners (no longer than 30 days after a contest has concluded), please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WWDM1900 Pineview Road, Columbia, SC 29209.
21. Odds of winning are undeterminable and depend on varying telephone response rates, Internet access and/or the volume of entries received.
22. If any portion of the above rules is determined to be unenforceable due to local or state laws, all other portions of these official rules shall remain in effect.
23. All WWDM winners of prizes valued at over $100.00 must wait 90 days before being eligible to win another WWDM contest. All WWDM winners of prizes valued under $100.00 must wait 30 days before being eligible to win another WWDM contest.
24. The Big DM (WWDM-FM) reserves the right to amend or change the above rules at any time as well as end a contest at anytime. All decisions of station management with regard to the awarding of prizes are FINAL.